Tax Manager – Poughkeepsie, New York
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. Current or/and very recent Public Accounting experience will be REQUIRED.
About this Opportunity:
VALiNTRY has exciting employment opportunities for seasoned accountants who possess strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, and who are prepared to provide the kind of highly personalized, hands-on service we're known for. We offer professional development that goes beyond basic accounting, auditing, and taxation. We are seeking candidates with strong leadership abilities and a "can-do " attitude, who want to join us in our tradition of professional excellence and integrity. We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages.
- Possess a thorough understanding of technical issues, including, industry and practice-specialty standards, and the laws and regulations in order to identify and provide solutions for complex client issues and problems.
- Tax returns – Working knowledge of individual, corporate, partnership and estate.
- Communication – Provide progress reports to Partners.
- High level consulting projects – Ability to assist Partners.
- Management of staff – Delegate and provide training, use performance feedback.
- Coordinate Project Staffing
- Coordinate the budgeting process: monitoring, evaluating and reporting variances
- Compiled and Reviewed financial statements – Working knowledge.
- Client communication – Develop and maintain working relationships with client personnel.
- Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 4 year experience in public accounting
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state tax issues, preparation of US federal and state tax returns
- Knowledge of computer systems, programs and data retrieval.
- Good communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Possess the ability to prioritize and organize various activities and complete several tasks with a strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Bachelor's Degree Required
CPA Designation Required
4+ years of experience required