Tax Manager – Raleigh, North Carolina
VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
Tax Managers are responsible for directing several engagements simultaneously or sometimes a single large engagement, coordinating and supervising the Tax Seniors and/or Tax Supervisors assigned to the specific engagements. Responsible for all phases of an engagement by using their talents in staff management and by projecting and planning the timing of the workloads with firm policies. Tax Managers are expected to promote the most efficient operation of the Firm.
- Technical review of corporate and partnership tax returns; supervise the preparation of tax returns.
- Maintain steady contact with assigned clients throughout the business year.
- Follow the progress of the work in relation to budgeted time and scheduled date of completion.
- Keep the Partner informed on a timely basis as to all important engagement developments including; major problems that occur, with all of the facts, their conclusions and recommendations.
- Develop rapport with clients on business matters.
- Deal directly with the client's attorneys, taxing agents and other third parties.
- Assist/participate with practice development and firm management.
- Network to develop a list of contacts and begin cultivating relationships.
- Develop and evaluate staff including addressing performance issues and concerns as need
- Mentor and motivate staff; Guide staff on career and professional development.
- Ability within the position to develop current client, community and team relationships
- New client development, marketing and cross selling encouraged by participating in community, social, business and professional organizations
- Actively promotes firm in all venues
- Participates in mentoring, training, recruiting and team-building activities
- Develop, motivate and train team members
- Provides timely feedback on an ongoing basis throughout the performance year
- Effectively manages people with poise and professionalism during stressful times, especially during peak periods of client engagement and deadlines
- Promotes the mission and vision of the firm
- Leads by example; looks to build team spirit amongst team
- Promotes the most efficient operations of the Firm and adheres to policies and procedures
- Assists partners in managing administrative activities such as billing and collections
- Proficient in software and applications Drive, passion, ethics with an entrepreneurial spirit we can cultivate
- Bachelor's in Accounting * MST is preferred
- 5+ years in public accounting
- CPA certificate required
- Desire to participate and lead in a motivated and dynamic environment
- Teamwork and family as your priorities
- Some travel – locally but also to visit our team and clients either in Florida or Michigan
Bachelor's Degree Required
CPA Designation Required
5+ years of experience required
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
E: j[email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.