CPA Tax Manager – Traverse City, MI
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. Current or/and very recent Public Accounting experience will be REQUIRED.
- High level of demonstrated technical proficiency to review and develop lesser experienced staff in the areas of client engagement management and applied technical knowledge in individual, trust, partnership, corporate, federal, state, local and foreign tax returns, estimated payments and extensions, and federal and state tax audits
- Determine appropriate tax objectives, scope and methodology and actively participate in decision making with client’s management to understand the broader impact of current decisions and possible solutions
- Effectively leverage available technology and other resources to maximize technical application to project, and holds the engagement team to the same standard
- Serve as the primary engagement manager with economic responsibilities for billing, realization, and collections
- Develop and execute a practice development plan which includes networking, new client development and client expansion activities
- Position can be filled by a Senior, Tax Manager or Senior Tax Manager as applicable
- 2+ years of recent, related tax experience in public accounting
- Specialization with clients in the manufacturing, distribution, professional services, logistics, and food processing industries ideal
- Prior experience working with large, multi-state, internationally active middle-market clients is helpful
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- CPA or Bar License required
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Traverse City area or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity. Frequent travel throughout the region, with approximately 10% overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Accounting
- State CPA license required
- Minimum of 2-8 years of relevant accounting experience, with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership duties.
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.