CPA Tax Manager – Credits & Accounting Methods – Tysons Corner, VA
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
What does your day look like?
As a leader in this National Specialty Tax Practice, you will help to develop the vision, strategies, and action plans to grow our Credits/Accounting Methods Practice. You will be responsible for helping to manage internal resources and work on consulting engagements that include but are not limited to:
- Research and Development (“R&D”) Tax Credits
- Accounting Methods
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Fixed Asset Review Analysis
- Historic Tax Credits
- Section 199A Deduction
- Energy Credits and Deductions
In addition, you will train, mentor, and supervise staff, providing timely and meaningful feedback. You will contribute to the growth of top-line revenue. You will have an equal voice on a team of over 20 professionals into the future growth and goals.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, engineering, technology, or related field. A CPA, MST, MAcc, LLM or JD is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in federal tax compliance or tax consulting services.
- Ability to travel up to 30% to meet with clients.
- Proven knowledge of the R&D tax credit
- Knowledge of Section 199A.
- Experience with accounting methods including uniform capitalization rules; tangible property regulations; capitalization and depreciation; unit of property reviews; cost segregation studies; revenue recognition; and advanced payments.
- Experience preparing or reviewing Form 3115.
- Desire to participate in strategic planning initiatives
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Accounting, Masters preferred
- State CPA license required
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.