CPA Tax Manager – Virginia Beach, VA
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
We see our firm as far more than a collection of interchangeable accounting professionals. We’re a community of diverse individuals who share values of uncompromising integrity, passion for excellence, mutual respect and one firm. As a firm, we do everything we can to create and sustain a work environment that embodies these values — and that also offers flexible work arrangements to help our people maintain the kind of work/life balance they need to be satisfied, as well as firm-sponsored social and team-building events. Our commitment to our shared values creates a corporate culture all our own.
Serve as a key leader in our expanding Tax practice. In this role, you will be responsible for tax research, reviewing individual, corporate and partnership tax returns, and developing and supervising staff. We offer endless growth potential without having to relocate and the opportunity to join an energetic and talented firm culture.
- Handle complex tax engagements while advising clients on business activities affecting taxes and suggesting strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Develop assignment budgets, monitor realization and coach staff members to achieve maximum team profitability.
- Nurture long-term relationships with existing clients, while proactively seeking opportunities to grow the practice and increase Firm presence in relevant markets.
- Identify issues and offer solutions for team and clients to add value to engagement.
- Leveraging your project management, analytical, interpersonal, and communication abilities
- Leading and developing Tax Staff, Seniors, and Managers in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrating superior client service skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in public accounting with a minimum of 3 years of managerial experience
- Proficiency with personal computers including spreadsheet software programs. Experience with ProSystem fx, CCH, RIA, and/or Engagement is a plus
- Demonstrated background working with pass through entity taxation, particularly with partnerships
- Preferred partnership experience includes entity structuring, operating agreement review and consultation, compliance, allocations, partner transactions and related matters
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Accounting, Masters preferred
- State CPA license required
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.