Tax Manager – Wilmington
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
With a cooperative culture and team-oriented professionals, the firm feels strongly that we are one of the best CPA firms to work for in the region. To be a Best Place to Work means looking beyond our four walls, policies and procedures. It means paying attention to our community and our lives after work. It means achieving a sense of satisfaction not only from helping clients, but from helping each other. And it’s not just a philosophy, it’s a commitment that comes from the very top. Quite simply, it’s the right thing to do.
The Tax Manager must demonstrate proficient technical skills and overall business knowledge to act as clients' business advisor. They will proactively educate clients regarding issues and conflicts, new legislation, and/or market conditions that may affect them. Oversee staff of Associates and Senior Associates. Effectively supervise, train and mentor Associates and Senior Associates. Exhibit high level of business integrity and leadership skills. Seek and create cross-serving opportunities.
The tax manager will participate directly in new client development by managing and preparing team members for initial meetings, presentation and proposal development.
- Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-up work for all entity types (C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, Fiduciary, Non Profit, gift, multi state and franchise).
- Review Compiled financial statements for Corporations, Not for Profit entities, Partnerships, and Individuals, including workpapers, accounting and adjusting entries, bank reconciliations, and client books and records.
- Prepare and review complex tax planning projections for individual and corporate estimated tax liability.
- Manage and monitor client deliverables and due dates.
- Prepare complex U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and nonconsolidated C-corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary, and Non-Profit Organizations.
- Prepare complex U.S. and state individual income, gift tax, and estate tax returns.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquires, and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with audits, inquires, and tax notices.
- Delegate projects to staff that can handle them most efficiently and provide accounting and tax assistance to staff as needed.
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management, and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
- Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals, and evaluating clients' needs.
- Lead department in knowledge of software, processes, and workflows.
- Assist with employee training for new hires and ongoing employee training.
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by Management and Clients.
- Takes direction and reports to the Partners of the tax department.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field (REQUIRED)
- Public Accounting experience (REQUIRED) – at least 5 years of experience preferred
- RECENT Public Accounting experience in the last 3 years preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Some ability to travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- CPA/Eligible Designation Required
- 5+ years of experience required
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.