Tax Senior Associate – Kent, WA
VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. Current or/and very recent Public Accounting experience will be REQUIRED.
About the Firm:
As a locally owned Seattle CPA firm, we are small enough to take a personal, one-on-one approach to managing your financial needs. Our big-picture business capabilities are designed to offer a comprehensive strategy to handle every aspect of your company's finances – from accounting and auditing to employee benefits and retirement planning. When you partner with our firm, the results can be extremely profitable. The size of our accounting firm and our attention to forming strong, trusted business relationships is what give us – and our clients – a competitive edge. And we excel in helping our clients realize their true potential by allowing them to focus on their most important goals: growth and financial stability for today – and the future.
About the Opportunity:
As a Tax Senior, you will be required to prepare complex tax returns and review tax work papers prepared by staff associates. This role includes demonstrating strong tax research skills, participation in supervision, training and mentoring of staff and joining marketing and community organizations. You will be required to attend training on tax practice changes and updates in tax law.
A successful Tax Senior:
- Manages tasks independently and within budget
- Possesses a desire to grow with the Firm / desire for upward mobility
- Participates in management and board presentations
- Provides effective and timely feedback and mentoring to staff associates
- Thrives in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Current CPA License
- 4+ years of experience in Public Accounting
- Experience in tax preparation, including Partnership, Individual, C-Corporation and S-Corporation tax returns
- Master's Degree a plus
- Experience with tax software required; ProSystemsfx a plus