VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Our firm is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients' enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Their professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments.
They are deeply invested in the success of their professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. They strive to positively impact the clients they serve, the people they employ, the profession they represent and the communities they call home.
- Prepare Federal and State Individual, Corporate tax returns (S-Corp, C-Corp, LLC's) and FAS 109 calculations.
- Coordinate with Client Accounting and Tax departments
- Gather data and reconcile to financial statements
- Develop tax package data requests, instruct staff on tax adjustments and implementation of tax application systems.
- Review tax returns for accuracy, minimization of tax liability, available tax credits, and tax provision.
- Respond to client inquires, Internal Revenue Service, State and Local tax notices.
- Research tax questions and issues
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years' experience in trust, estate, gift and individual tax planning and compliance
- Current CPA or eligibility to sit for the CPA exam
- Advanced technical knowledge of tax concepts and the ability to apply these services to various client situations
- Analytical, creative approach to effectively manage engagements and guide the decision-making process
- Excellent client service with an ability to expand services with existing clients
- Bachelor's required – Master's in Tax strongly preferred
- CPA designation must be Active or eligible and in process