Tax Senior – Chicago, IL
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. Current or/and very recent Public Accounting experience will be REQUIRED.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
Our client is one of the world's leading independent audit, tax and advisory firms, boasting more than 10,000 professionals in over 60 countries World-Wide.
They help dynamic organizations on all levels unlock their growth potential by providing relevant, significant, and innovative advice.
Led by friendly, open-minded Partners, our firm uses professional insight and earned experience to understand and find solutions for complex issues faced by privately owned, publicly listed and public sector clients.
When you join this firm, you're getting more than just a job; you're making a difference and becoming part of the "team experience”.
Simply put, the "team experience” involves building a healthy, high-performing cultural atmosphere where people feel valued, respected, and encouraged to contribute to the very best of their abilities.
At the very heart of it all, our people drive our passion for the business of accounting. Our Professionals live, breathe, and continually exhibit these three core principles: People, Professional Development, & Diversity.
As a firm fully committed to creating an environment where you can thrive professionally and personally
our client offers very competitive salaries and benefits.
Among the benefits offered:
- Salary Range up to $85,000
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- PTO – paid time off
- Discretionary bonuses.
- Savings and investments: 401(k) plan with company match
- CPA review course and exam reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Corporate discounts
- Tax Seniors are responsible for the delivery of a full range of tax services for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries.
- Interact closely with clients providing innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise.
- Provide primary and secondary review of complex returns.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor Staff on tax projects.
- Assess Staff performance for engagements and year-end reviews
- Work closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development activities.
- Provide tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients.
- Preparation of complex federal corporate (C and S), multi-state tax returns, State and Local Tax, as well as intermediate level Partnership returns.
- Month-end, Quarter-end, & Year-end closing
- Preparation of Individual returns (1040) on all levels including complex High Net Worth.
- Reconciliation and posting of the General Ledger.
- Able to identify and prepare adjusting journal entries for tax purposes.
- Research technical issues.
- Resolve minor issues and assist with resolving more complex issues directly with the IRS/Tax Authorities.
- Participate in client meetings.
- When appropriate, lead client meetings.
- 3+ years of experience working in a public accounting firm
- Lead and develop a Tax Staff
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Strong-to-quite strong written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Multi-task and manage multiple responsibilities
- Core Industry experience covered/preferred = Publicly & Privately Held Companies, Government Agencies, Financial Institutions, Civic and Religious Organizations, Consumer and Industrial Products, Financial Services, Not-for-Profit, Private Equity, and Technology
- SALT experience a PLUS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Master's degree in Tax preferred
- CPA certified, eligible, or working towards obtaining a CPA license.
- Ability to work moderate overtime throughout the year with heavier overtime required during busy seasons.
- Total estimated work hours = 2300-2350 (including PTO).
- Annual charge hour expectations = 1800 – 2000 hours.
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.