VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size, and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
Our firm is a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine’s "100 Best Companies to Work For.
Their supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to help you grow into the best CPA you can be.
Boasting an expert staff of over 1,200 professionals means you’ll be surrounded by the brightest minds in the field. You’ll be working closely with partners and clients on a wide variety of projects across numerous service areas. Talented entrepreneurial-minded professionals are the heartbeat of this firm.
They pay close attention to recruiting, developing and advancing their employees.
As a firm fully committed to recruiting and retaining the best and brightest, our client offers very competitive salaries and benefits; many of which are available on day 1!
Among the plans and programs offered:
- Basic benefits: medical and dental insurance; life insurance; short- and long-term disability insurance; paid time off; discretionary bonuses.
- Savings and investments: 401(k) plan with company match; profit sharing.
- Lifestyle benefits: flexible spending accounts (unreimbursed medical and child/dependents); employee assistance program and work/life program; health club membership discounts; transportation accounts.
Reimbursements & other offerings:
- CPA review course and exam reimbursements
- Tuition reimbursement
- Corporate discounts
- Company loans
- College savings plans
- Cancer protector and property insurance
- Firm sponsored events.
- Preparation of complex federal corporate (C and S) and multi-state tax returns, as well as intermediate level partnership returns.
- Month-end – Quarter-end & Year-end closing
- Preparation of Individual returns (1040) on all levels including complex High Net Worth.
- Reconciliation and posting of the General Ledger.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Review Staff Workpapers – Prepare & follow up on review notes.
- Record fixed assets and depreciation.
- Able to identify and prepare adjusting journal entries for tax purposes.
- Preparation of tax provision.
- Research technical issues.
- Resolve minor issues and assist with resolving more complex issues directly with the IRS/Tax Authorities.
- Assist in planning, budgeting, and billing engagements.
- Participate in client meetings.
- When appropriate, lead client meetings with smaller clients.
- Participate in the tax planning process by reviewing planning projects completed by staff. Identify additional planning opportunities and prepare more complex projections.
- Integrity, trustworthiness, and dependability are highly required
- 3+ years of experience working in a public accounting firm
- Ability to lead and develop a Tax Staff
- Ability to Multi-task and manage multiple responsibilities
- Ability to develop/foster and enhance a prolific team environment
- Industry experience preferred = 1041, 1040, 1065, 1120, 1120 REIT, 990, & 2555
- SALT experience a PLUS
- Proficiency with personal computers including spreadsheet software programs. Experience with ProSystem fx, CCH, RIA, and/or Engagement is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting Master’s Degree preferred
- CPA certified or working towards obtaining a CPA license.
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584