VALiNTRYfinance specializes in helping Highly-Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
Excellent career opportunity for a Senior Tax professional with 3+ years of experience to join our established firm and tax department offering; a team environment, long-term growth potential, and exciting tax challenges working with our clients.
This position is primarily responsible for: preparing complex individual, trust, partnership, not-for-profit, S Corp, C Corp, and foreign tax returns; developing, coaching, and supervising staff; and assisting in client relationship management.
- Prepare or review tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S Corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations
- Identify and communicate tax planning ideas for clients, including tax research, computations and related documentation
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of tax engagements for various clients in accordance with Client Service Standards
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS, state, and other tax authorities.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Develop good working relationships with clients to optimize satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Review tax return preparation and supervise tax staff, providing review notes for discussion and coaching
- Identify performance improvement opportunities in preparation and review of client assignments
- Other job duties as assigned
- 3+ years of progressively responsible public accounting experience with a large local, regional, or national public accounting firm.
- Senior tax professional with a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated success in solving complex tax problems for clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Valid CPA license required
- Master's degree in Taxation is preferred.
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, income tax provisions, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to communicate complex financial matters to non-financial personnel.
- Ability to supervise multiple engagements and meet deadlines for competing projects in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Display advanced knowledge of tax related matters on client assignments.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and RIA Checkpoint research materials.
- Pro System FX and Pro System Engagement experience a plus.
Carla Wright * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789