CPA Tax Director Alternative Investments – San Francisco, CA
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
Our firm is looking for a highly specialized Senior Manager / Director to join our growing Alternative Investments industry group. This person will provide tax consulting and compliance services to the Bay Area’s largest limited partnerships, private equity funds, venture capital funds, fund of funds, hedge funds, trusts and other.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
- Build and manage client relationships while managing a portfolio of clients and acting as a first point of contact for internal and external clients
- Manage relationships at a senior level with clients, advise on tactical issues, have a high level of responsibility for service delivery, and manage teams of tax professionals/assistants working on client projects
- Assess the tax impact on clients, develop tax arguments to support conclusions, and suggest recommendations to clients
- Participate in, and contribute to, market and business activities that are external to the firm while providing direction to, and maintaining, managerial responsibility for a team
- Manage risk and financial performance of engagement, including billing, collections, and budget for assigned projects
- Act as a coach and mentor to other tax professionals
- BS/BA degree in Accounting; MST / JD / L.L.M. a plus
- Extensive knowledge of compliance and consulting for investment partnerships including private equity funds, venture capital funds, and hedge funds.
- Proficiency in the taxation of corporations, consolidated entities, partnerships, and other flow-through entities including partnership tax forms including K-1 and M-1
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex financial information
- Solid skills in reviewing 1120 RIC, 1065 tax returns, including Schedule K-1
- Experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
- Licensed CPA
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in public accounting in Tax
- Prior experience as a Tax Senior Manager (or Director) in a public accounting firm supporting Alternative Investments
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.