VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
You can expect a unique insight into our business, where you’ll build a network of relationships in an area that influences major business decisions every day. As the team continues to grow, so will you, and over time, you will become a well-rounded tax professional with broad experience in multiple areas of tax.
Your key responsibilities
You will spend a large portion of your time directly engaged in complex compliance projects for our clients. This will be balanced with research, planning, and meetings with senior colleagues.
We focus on a variety of industries, including but not limited to: automotive and transportation, consumer products, health and life sciences, media and entertainment, real estate, mining and metals, oil and gas, power and utilities, and technology clients.
Additionally, we have built a position and focus on financial services through our Financial Services Organization (FSO).
Candidates electing to join the FSO will focus exclusively in financial services and will have opportunities to serve leading investment banks, retail and commercial banks, insurers and investment managers. Whichever you choose, you’ll find no shortage of opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities while discovering and developing your strengths and ambitions.
Skills and attributes for success
- Handling and supporting a wide variety of tax compliance processes
- Working with audit teams to determine whether tax accounts are appropriate for financial statements
- Researching tax code and writing memos for clients
- Keeping up to date with ongoing trends and changes to legislation that will affect planning activities
- Preparing practical recommendations to some of our clients’ most complex tax issues
- Coach and develop our junior teams
To qualify for the role you must have
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting; graduate degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred; and approximately three years of related work experience.
- Active progress towards the US CPA certification or membership in the Bar
- Excellent English language communication skills
- Expertise in time management, and the ability to adapt to change under pressure
- A highly collaborative approach to work, and the personal integrity to support not only your team’s interests, but colleagues across a global business
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and data mining tools
To qualify for the Law Path you must have
- An undergraduate degree in accounting and JD, or a JD and LLM in Taxation
- Membership or anticipated membership in a U.S. state bar or CPA
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A proven record in a professional services environment
- For the Law Path, experience within a tax law clinic or tax law journal preferred
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584