Tax Senior – Mobile, Alabama
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
It’s about results, not the number of hours you work. So, we live life with Fearless Unrivaled Flexibility—a philosophy that values people, client service excellence and your unique career/life choices.
- Broad knowledge of tax law
- Experience conducting tax research
- Extensive experience working in individual, partnership and corporate tax areas.
- Ensures that tax returns, and other compliance returns are prepared in accordance with professional and Firm standards.
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Monitors time budgets.
- Leads staff and provide on-the-job training; reviews work papers and returns prepared by staff.
- Anticipates problem areas and questions that will arise during the course of a project.
- Keeps Partner informed of all-important developments; analyzes problems and recommends solutions.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in performance evaluations.
- Prepares invoices for clients and communicates details of the fees to clients and the consulting relationship manager.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the Firm's philosophy and its opinions on financial matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Attention to client service and adding value to clients' businesses is an integral part of the job requirements. Managers must demonstrate their ability to identify cross-selling opportunities and follow through with those opportunities or refer them to other professionals if necessary.
- Takes responsibility for accuracy of data entry, accumulation, and maintenance in all aspects of what we do as an accounting and consulting Firm.
- Learns through Mentor or other Partners proper delegation and management of workload and demonstrates ability to properly delegate and manage workload.
- Six (6) to Ten (10) years of experience in tax, demonstrating a progression in complexity and scope.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of supervisory experience required.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in accounting.
- Must demonstrate high capabilities in client relationship and service roles.
- Current and valid CPA license is required. Must be a member in good standing with the AICPA and respective state societies
Bachelor’s Degree Required
CPA/Eligible Designation Required
2+ years of experience required
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 941.417.5505 | M: 941.504.3752
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.