VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
We seek candidates at the Senior Associate level for our growing practices in San Jose and Palo Alto. Responsibilities Candidates will help maintain and grow the tax practice of the Firm. Tax Senior Associates within the Firm have the following key responsibilities on an ongoing basis:
- Review tax projects related to tax advisory, planning, research and consulting for high net worth individuals and their flow through entities;
- Anticipate and identify client tax issues and concerns, provide consultative and strategic solutions to resolve identified issues;
- Mentor, train and supervise Tax Associates;
- Work with the Partners and Managers of the firm and make recommendations concerning business and tax planning strategies for external clients;
- Participate in the recruitment of new staff; and
- Determine optimal approaches for delivering high-quality client services.
The candidate must possess a broad spectrum of skills and will have a breadth of tax experience that will immediately inspire confidence.
- Minimum of three (3) years of public accounting experience in taxation with focus on high net worth individuals and/or commensurate experience in corporate tax department;
- CPA eligibility in the State of California, pending certification or progress toward passing the current exams;
- Minimum bachelors degree in accounting or business with an emphasis in accounting. Master's degree in taxation a plus, or in progress;
- Well versed in business entities (i.e., Corporations, S-Corps, Partnerships and LLCs);
- Possess a proven track record in analyzing financial and tax data and attributes;
- High energy individual who understands the value of counseling and mentoring others
Please keep in mind that we can only work with CPA candidates with recent public accounting experience within the past 3 years.