Tax Senior – Skokie, IL
VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size, and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
For over 70 years, we've been making the needs of our clients our top priority, serving many of the largest privately-held companies in Chicago, high net worth individuals, private businesses, families and individuals. While our size and capabilities allow us to provide an alternative to the Big Four, we are also able to offer employees enhanced value by providing competitive compensation, a progressive paid time off program, a new business commission program, benefit plan and flexible work hours. Our firm is also recognized as one of the Best Places to Work – 2015, 2016, and 2017.
The Tax Senior plays an integral role in our Tax Department by providing high quality tax services for clients and management of staff within a supportive, team environment. We are looking for a strong candidate willing to work hard with a long-term goal of achieving partner status in the future.
- Nurture long-term relationships with existing clients, while beginning to proactively seek opportunities to grow the practice and increase Firm presence in relevant markets.
- Identify issues and offer solutions for team and clients to add value to engagement.
- Assist in recruiting, mentoring and ongoing training of team members, while addressing any performance issues as needed.
- Supervise IRS, state, and local government tax audits, notices, and correspondence.
- Review of corporate returns including consolidated and multi-state entities
- Review of individual and partnership tax returns
- Supervise, mentor and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment
- Proven success in identifying and selling additional services
- Represent the firm in professional and service organizations
- Excellent problem-solving and client relations skills
- Solid communication and writing skills, including the ability to communicate solutions to tax issues to business owners
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- A strong work ethic with good communication and business writing skills
- Ability to multi task and excellent organizational skills
- Strong self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Master's preferred
- Active CPA license – or in Process
- 3+ of recent public accounting experience with an emphasis in tax