Tax Supervisor – Timonium MD
VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
We are seeking a Supervisor in our Tax Department. We are looking for a person with executive presence who has strong experience in corporate tax and working with closely held businesses and high net worth individuals. Experience with multi-state issues and not for profit entities would also be a plus. The tax department is responsible for assisting clients with organizing their business and personal activities in such a way as to minimize their tax obligations to the fullest extent allowed. The tax department also helps clients comply with all federal, state and local tax filing obligations consistent with their tax minimization plans.
Description of Duties
- Review of federal, state, individual , partnership and corporation (both C & S) local, and tax returns
- Preparation of more complex tax returns
- Tax Planning for high net worth individuals, closely held businesses, and corporations
- Tax research and preparation of research memorandums
- Participates in direct training of less experienced staff and involvement in tax department sponsored firm wide tax training seminars
- Thorough understanding and experience of tax compliance requirements for all types of entities including corporations (S & C), partnerships, individuals, non-profits and trusts
- Federal and state government audit representation and conflict resolution
- Supervises staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the firm’s policies
- Applicants must possess a BS degree in Accounting from an accredited University
- Current CPA License required
- 5 to 7 years recent public accounting experience in tax.
- Must possess sharp analytical skills, strong communication skills including the ability to effectively present information and respond to clients needs.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Must have the ability to communicate both verbally and written, be technically competent, self-motivated and reliable to anticipate needs of clients, etc.
- Prosystem FX tax compliance software, using online tax research resources and understanding of the research process, and tax efficiency consulting techniques.
As a reminder, we can only work with candidates that have public accounting experience within the past 3 years.