Work as part of a Business Systems' leadership and management team, to ensure that the technical solutions are effectively delivered, aligned to the Business Strategy, and deliver value to our customers. Solutions proposed/built should be technically viable, robust, and aligned to architectural principles and standards. The Technical Delivery Manager reports into the Delivery Lead of Business Systems and is responsible for managing multiple cross-functional delivery teams, with focus on technical excellence and high-performance culture.
• Manage development and delivery of technology solutions in alignment with Business Strategy.
• Ensure that technology solutions are fit-for-purpose and aligned with architectural principles, standards and roadmaps.
• A strong technical foundation to guide the implementation of new and emergent technologies.
• Consider TCO and financial impact of technology solutions, with a view to delivering value to our business users.
• Understand user requirements and ensure solutions are suitably assured and of quality.
• Provide technical leadership and innovation across all aspects of technology development.
• Develop and maintain effective ways of working throughout the department and organization.
• Lead transition of projects/solutions to application operations team.
• Provide support and mentoring to technical team leads, including talent and succession planning.
• Lead and manage technical delivery resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the leadership and management within Business Systems, including mentoring, coaching and leading of teams, particularly technical team leaders and technical specialists, to promote a culture of innovation and delivery.
• To support the Business Systems strategy to meet organization goals and objectives, and to improve the quality of service it delivers to business users.
• Create and maintain a professional culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and focus on delivering excellence, quality and value for the customer and business.
• Responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by teams, ensuring it aligns with the company and their Business Systems strategy – and projects are delivered on the basis of the business value framework (value, flow, quality).
• To ensure that development activity aligns with technology standards, principles, architecture roadmaps, service management standards, and customer experience framework. Furthermore, to support development and definition of technical standards and approach.
• Responsible for acquisition and management of talent within team, ensuring appropriate blend and breadth of skills aligned to current and future technology roadmaps.
• Responsible for quality of solutions delivered, ensuring that appropriate development standards are maintained and followed, including compliance with information security and data governance standards.
• Working across various Business Systems' imperatives and to support delivery of technical solutions, and implementation of major enhancements and projects.
• Ensure that financial impact is considered at each stage, including TCO while adhering to the PMO framework and standards.
• Responsible for driving the technical design and implementation of software solutions.
• Maintain detailed application and domain knowledge to support technical teams.
Leadership & Management:
• Use Agile/Hybrid Waterfall methodologies to maintain a strong focus on delivery priorities, accountable for delivery of projects, and swiftly responding to changing requirements.
• Lead and develop high performing teams, supporting Agile/Hybrid Waterfall working practices.
• Promote resilience and responsiveness in the organization by being open and honest about challenges, and the actions required to address unexpected developments.
• Gather and report detailed performance data against key indicators, to generate actionable improvements to the quality of service offered.
• Act as a 'change lead' for scale initiatives and other projects, as and when required.
• Identify, manage and seek to resolve technical risks and issues against business requirements, drive troubleshooting sessions
• Good understanding of various phases of delivery lifecycle including requirements, development, testing & configuration management
• Build knowledge, capacity and capability within teams, promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
• Proactively drive innovation, with new ideas and options made available by new technology and process.
• Keep up-to-date with latest technology, and software development methodologies.
• Accountable for the delivery of ad hoc project work and special assignments within Business Systems organization
Desired Skills and Abilities:
• PMP Certification Required; SAFe Certified SCRUM Master certification preferred.
• Microsoft Project (Stand-alone version).
• Superb organizational and communications skills.
• Process / workflow analysis and use case documentation, including cost/benefit and break-even analysis.
• Effective at motivating a team of indirect reports.
• Solid understanding of business fundamentals, such as capital budgeting, human resource planning across a large organization, and finance and operations.
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]