The overall purpose/primary function of this position is to maintain the operational stability and integrity of Client Destinations' proprietary web, middleware, and integration applications and systems. This includes ensuring uptime and performance SLAs. The position is also responsible for troubleshooting, analysis, deployment, and tuning required to maintain the operational health, and functions pertinent to industry standard high volume business critical web platforms such as monitoring, tuning, incident and problem response process execution. The scope of systems and applications supported include J2EE Application Servers, Oracle Service Bus, Service Composite Architecture, caching technologies such as Coherence and Redis, TeamSite, LiveSite, Akamai, Endeca, Business Rules Engine, Microservices, and Cloud Foundry in Development, Quality Assurance, and Production environments. Partnership with application and system constituents and various vendors for day-to-day support will be relevant for this position.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Responsibility #1 (50% time): Responsible for web, middleware & integration support that maintains the operational integrity of Client Destinations' Internet/Intranet systems and applications. Perform daily tasks within the scope of supporting the infrastructure running proprietary web applications including but not limited to, CI/CD activities in Dev QA & Prod, coordinate network/firewall changes, assist application support teams in troubleshooting issues, This position also interfaces with internal constituents for problem, incident and change management.
Responsibility #2 (25 % time): Collaborate with development, solutions engineering, and production support on projects to roll out new functionality and technologies. Assist developers in troubleshooting issues for new projects. Perform CI/CD activities in Dev, QA, and Prod regions.
Responsibility #3 ( 15% time): Routine maintenance and patching of supported systems and applications, security vulnerability remediation.
Responsibility #4 ( 5% time) This position also interfaces with managed services, and various vendors.
Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
State the specific levels of the following that are needed to perform the minimum duties of the job.
a) Knowledge and skills
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Ability to solve complex technical problems with minimal direction
· Experience supporting 24×7 global business
· Work autonomously
· Knowledge of service management process (e.g. ITIL) is a plus
b) Technical Skills
· Java application servers such as Weblogic, Tomcat, and/or WebSphere
· J2EE/Java, Servlet & JSP based systems deployment and support
· Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools such as uDeploy, Jenkins, XL Deploy etc…
· Caching engines such as Redis and/or Coherence
· Apache, iPlanet or another web server behind Akamai or another CDN a plus
· Some knowledge of WLS, Shell, or Perl scripting languages a plus
· Oracle SOA Suite
· Knowledge working in a cloud IAS or Client environment a plus
· Knowledge/experience supporting micro services, cloud foundry a plus
c) Job experience
· 6 Years of technology experience and 4 years in relevant discipline
· 8 Years of technology experience in lieu of formal degree
· Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
Travel is demand-based and will average 5% of time.
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage